Job Numbers: 9887
Hours (per week) 16
Shifts/Rota: 9am- 12.30pm over 5 days
Salary (£/hr): £6.15 to £8.21 per hour dependant on age
No of References: 2
Attendance: Monday to Friday
The following vacancies are only open to vulnerable unemployed 25+ year olds, including carers, early service leavers (armed forces), care experienced, disabled and young people with convictions who are not on the Work Programme, Work Choice, Specialist Employment Support, Work First Scotland or Work Able Scotland.
Studio Technician/Presenter Job Description
1. Learning the basics of working with digital editing software
2. Presenting news stories from our newspaper titles
3. Editing and uploading these stories
4. Promoting our service on social and print media
5. Working alongside volunteers and ensuring the space and studio is ready for them
6. Understanding the time management involved in recording our five main titles and how that needs to be adapted when there is outside material to be recorded for clients.
Trainee Fundraising Assistant Job Description
1. Working alongside the Operations Director to understand where our funding comes from and to gain knowledge of how to write and distribute fundraising materials.
2. To assist where appropriate in the organisation and management of promotional and fundraising events.
3. Promoting our service on social and print media
4. Working alongside volunteers and ensuring the space and studio is ready for them
We are looking to attract motivated young people who either are looking for a career in radio or who have an interest in public relations or fundraising. So your training with us will either mean you completing our radio production course or undertaking the Institute of Fundraising Foundation Course.
Over the years we have become aware of many young people who are unsure where job opportunities lie for them in the future.
Your 12 months with us will hopefully provide you with some clarity on how you should best progress be it via media courses or undertaking administrative, marketing or fundraising posts.
We hope to early on identify the best way forward for you and to allow you to concentrate on that aspect of the work in here.
We do believe however that it is important that you have a grasp of all aspects of the process.
We have worked with nearly 2000 young people during our 37 years and will be a supportive, encouraging environment with clear daily outcomes for you to achieve.
How To Apply:
Please email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter on why you feel you are suited to either one of these roles.